Sunday 22 February 2015

War Games - Donald Featherstone

War Games by Donald Featherstone


I was lucky enough to pick up a copy of one of the seminal works on wargaming for the princely sum of £2.81 including postage.  This is really where it all began for me back in the early 1980s while in my early teens.  My father purchased a couple of packs of Hinchliffe Napoleonics from Hamleys on one of his visits to London and on my next trip to the library I discovered the book.

I'd been fascinated by military history for many years and this offered the perfect opportunity to take things further.  I was soon building up small forces of British, French and Russians, clearly focus was a problem even then.  I even purchased some of the Prince August moulds and spent many hours casting figures.

Sadly, my interest lapsed while at university, the distractions of beer and girls proving too great, and my collections languished in various family lofts for many years until I rediscovered the hobby some six or seven years ago.  I've since recovered the figures although they're now lurking in my loft, maybe I should tidy them up for an old school project...


No comments:

Post a Comment