Tuesday 19 May 2015

Burma Japanese

Well, it couldn't last.  I've managed to be relatively good so far this year and stay focused, however, I recently reread Field Marshall Slim's memoir of the war in Burma, Defeat into Victory, and had a bright idea.  There's a large box of old Airfix plastic figures in the loft.  Further investigation revealed a box of both  Matchbox Japanese and ANZACs so I decided to quickly, to be fair very quickly, slap some paint on a few and give them a quick wash.  They're not going to win any prizes but applying the three foot rule give a wargames standard I'm prepared to live with.



Lists for Chain of Command have yet to be finalised but I'm reasonably confident that I should have most of the figures required.  I can always buy a few metal figures to round things off but the Japanese in particular shouldn't require much in the way of support.   I did find a plastic Sherman which I'll paint up though for the Brits.

I'm trying to convince myself that this isn't a new period but an extension of an ongoing project and it's not that I had to buy any new figures either.  Anybody convinced?

The downside is that I have no jungle scenery and of course this could also be used for Indo-China which I've been thinking about for ages.  I'm sure I'll submit in the event the CoC amendments are released. 


No comments:

Post a Comment