Wednesday 20 May 2015

Burma British

I've now had a chance to quickly paint up a few opponents for the Japanese.  Again nothing special, simple block painting, a quick wash and then highlights.




I also quickly painted the Sherman.


Unfortunately, the tracks appear to have suffered in storage and it has developed a lean.  Never mind, it will suffice for now.


Next batch have received a watered down PVA wash in preparation for priming tomorrow.

I quick look on the Too Fat Lardies Yahoo Group has revealed two lists for the Japanese, with Type B apparently being suitable for Burma.  This is going to stretch my plastic resources as the rifle squads consist of a corporal, a LMG squad with three crew and a nine man rifle section each.  I may simple reduce numbers as I'm planning actions based on George MacDonald Fraser's memoirs, Quartered Safe out Here which relates his involvement in the 1945 campaign.

No comments:

Post a Comment