Tuesday 19 May 2015

Danes - Second Schleswig War

Painting continues at its normal snail's pace but I've at last completed some Danes for my Nineteenth Century project based on Neil Thomas' book.  This represents the infantry, minus command stands, for the Battle of Oeversee as described in Chapter 11.  Figures are by Pendraken although to speed things along I've gone with 15mm basing rather than that suggested for 10mm.  Just simple block painting with a brown ink wash to blend things together.

Uniforms are very similar to Union troops during the American Civil War and I'm wondering if I can get away with using them for both.






This is one of those little remembered European conflicts with obscure origins, Palmerston's famous quote about only three people knowing the origins springs to mind, although the recent BBC series may go some way to changing that.  I've recorded the first two episodes but not had a chance to watch them yet.

I've now based up the rest of the Danes and the Austrian contingent, however, I'm waiting for a dry day to prime them.  The aim is to paint up Prussians for Rackebull after and then move to the 1866 Austro-Prussian War and finally to the 1870 Franco-Prussian.

No comments:

Post a Comment